Tuesday, March 22, 2011

My favorite Kale Crisps

These are my all-time favorite kale crisps, and my own recipe.



Oriental-Inspired Kale Crisps
Whisk together in a bowl:
Olive Oil (about 1/2 c, also, to cut on oil, you can use 1/4 cup or less of flax seed oil instead of olive oil)
Toasted Sesame Oil (about 1/8 c)
Minced Ginger
A few splashes of Tamari (raw soy sauce)
A bit of salt
About 1/4c water
Nutritional Yeast (1/4-1/2c)

I also think these will be good with sesame seeds (soaked for ~4hrs before tossing in the recipe), but keep forgetting to pick some up.

Mix in bite-sized chopped pieces of Kale.  It's best to use your hands and rub the kale with the marinade.  Place in a dehydrator.  I set the temperature to 95 last night and dehydrated overnight since if you dehydrate for too long on too high a temperature they get really dry and "sharp," if you do this during the day, setting it to 115 for about 4-5 hrs should do.

No comments: